🧒 Viper Classic Handcuffs - Metal toy cuffs which are "not bad" for what they are


These are "cheapo" handcuffs made by Viper. They are sold as their "Classic" model. Let's face it, they're toys. They are made of decently solid and weighty steel and are very smooth in their action. I had these as a kid, sold under generic no-name brands. They used to cost about £5 from the joke shop in town. They used to make models like this with the lever on the side. But I was always the kid with this version that had no safety lever to open them.

Now, these do feel perhaps slightly better quality than the ones I had back in the day. But the chains are still non-welded and they are not the best for large wrists. Instead of having teeth and a pawl, they have holes in the bow and a wheel with spikes on which act as the closing mechanism.

They have large open keyways that you can drive a truck into, in case you lose the key, so you can jab many potential things in there to get them open.

Very weirdly, this particular design is based off of a REAL Japanese police handcuff. You can tell the old "real" ones apart because they have a pretty solid casing and have no visible rivets. If you want to see what REAL original actual police version of these handcuffs looked like, have a look at these two images: https://i.imgur.com/Hh9ezqt.png

All in all, they are not bad toys. Amongst the most budget handcuffs, they are decent quality. But if you can spring for the more modern style of police handcuff they would be better quality and more secure.

I am not adding these to my collection image or lists, as I only bought these mainly as a "stroll down memory lane", to see from my modern perspective, what I think about these handcuffs. There are even lower budget versions of this which are GARBAGE. I had a pair of black low budget ones I will try and add a card link near the end of the video if you want to see rubbish versions.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment