πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ ASP 700 Ultra ankle cuffs aka leg irons (incorrect stamping) with nice carrying case


These are a nice pair of model 700 ASP ankle cuffs, better known as leg irons. They are the Ultra line which are made from FORGED aluminium or aluminum. Very strong and very sturdy.

This pair has incorrect stamping on which would normally be used on a pair of handcuffs. It says "Model 400". Which should actually read "Model 700". I wonder if this was an early run?

I love ASP handcuffs and these leg irons are a nice addition to my collection. If you are reading this, stay tuned because I have a different pair of leg irons being sent to me!

I love the carrying bag these come in. It's of very nice quality. When you interleave the leg irons as I have shown in the bag, they kind of stay together as a nice solid piece rather than floating around and scratching up against each other.

I do wish ASP would increase their QC Quality Control. This is not the first time I have heard of incorrect model numbers stamped on cuffs. My pair of these ankle cuffs has a little bit of an issue with the locking mechanisms, in that the centrally located keyways did not work to disengage the single lock using the key provided.  When the bows are not locked in the body of the cuff, the key would work but when they are closed, even by a single tooth, the key would not work. This is due to the presence of the bow in the mechanism pushing the pawl down a little bit. The central keyways have less travel room than the keyways that are on the edge of the cuff. So in my case, the key would stop at 45 degrees. I have filed my key to accommodate for the issue.

All in all though, I really do like these ankle cuffs. The central round ring in the chain is for use to be connected to the expensive ASP transport system, to connect them to the handcuffs. I do not have this and while I did create a DIY belly chain to demonstrate the transport rigid handcuffs, I'm not going to lengths to put anything together to connect these leg irons with the handcuffs as there's no real point for me.

They are comfortable.

By the way, in case you didn't know, ASP stands for "Armament Systems and Procedures"

Anyway, enjoy and I will see you next time πŸ˜€

(The little lioness guest appearing is our cocker spaniel, Amber. We've had her just over a year. She's about 6 and a half I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment